The Monarch Jacket sewing pattern is a boxy jacket designed for thick stable knits like ponte and scuba. This slightly cropped cardigan-style jacket has wrist-length raglan sleeves and a bomber-inspired collar.
Three snaps provide closure at the center front. The Monarch Jacket has several inches of positive ease through the bodice and is fitted through the lower sleeve.
Use a contrast fabric for the sleeves, collar, and cuffs for a sporty look, or sew your Monarch Jacket in one solid color for a chic outer layer that can be worn year-round.
- Offered in sizes 0 to 18.
- Digital pattern includes tiled, A0 copy shop, and US copy shop files.
- 3/8" seam allowances included.
- Step-by-step instructions with illustrations.
- Well suited for the beginner sewist who has some experience sewing with stable knit fabrics.
- Stable knit fabrics with at least 20% stretch are recommended. The collar of the Monarch Jacket should be sewn using a knit fabric with at least 40% stretch. Ribbing can be used for the collar if desired.
- Ponte, French terry, double knit, stretch fleece, neoprene, and scuba are suitable for the Monarch Jacket. Fabrics weighing between 9 and 14 ounces per square yard are recommended.
- Coordinating thread
- 1/2 yard (.5 m) lightweight interfacing (woven or knit)
- Three 1/2” (1.3 cm) to 5/8” (1.6 cm) heavy duty snaps
This is a sewing pattern intended to be used by the home sewist, not a finished garment.
Check out #monarchjacket to see community inspiration!