The Kila Tank sewing pattern is a fitted tank top designed for stretchy rib knit fabrics. A slight racerback design gives this top a sporty look, but won’t reveal conventional bra straps. Kila’s deep scoop neckline and armholes are finished with a bulk-free binding method that mimics ready-to-wear techniques.
The Kila Tank has several inches of negative ease making it a great basic layering tank top. Kila can be tucked into high-waist pants, overalls, and skirts. Because it’s sewn in super stretchy fabrics, Kila is also a great workout or pajama top for hot weather.
- Offered in sizes 0 to 18 (B-cup) and 12 to 30 (D-Cup)
- 1/4" seam allowances included.
- Step-by-step instructions with illustrations.
- Well suited for the beginner sewist who has some experience sewing with stretchy knit fabrics.
- Knit fabrics with at least 60% stretch and good recovery are recommended. If using a knit fabric with less. Cotton/spandex and rayon/spandex blend rib knits are ideal for the Kila Tank.
- Fabrics weighing 5 to 9 ounces per square yard are recommended.
- 100% cotton knit fabrics are not recommended due to poor recovery.
This is a sewing pattern intended to be used by the home sewist, not a finished garment.
Check out #kilatank to see community inspiration!