Lonetree Jacket and Vest
The Lonetree Jacket and Vest sewing pattern is a lightweight outer layer for chilly weather.
View A features a full-length, two-piece sleeve with cuff. View B is a vest with armhole facings. Both views include a collar, front and back facings, optional hood, and patch pockets with snap or button closures.
The Lonetree Jacket pairs well with a blouse and jeans for a casual, utilitarian look. Dress up your Lonetree Vest with a fitted knit dress and wedge heels.
This is a sewing pattern intended to be used by the home sewist, not a finished garment.
- Offered in sizes XS to 4XL.
- Digital pattern includes tiled, A0 copy shop, and US copy shop files.
- Generous 1/2" seam allowances allow for optional seam finishes.
- Step-by-step instructions with illustrations.
- Well suited for the intermediate sewist.
FABRIC & SUPPLIES
Midweight woven fabrics with some body are recommended. Twill, chino, corduroy, and waxed canvas are suitable. Fabrics weighing 7 to 10 ounces per square yard are ideal.
If preferred, lightweight fabrics like quilting cotton, voile, or lawn can be used for the hood lining and facings, though these are not required. For a fun contrast, use plaid flannel for these pattern pieces.
- Two yards mid-weight interfacing
- Two yards 1/2” wide cotton twill tape or 1/4” cording for the drawstring
- 5/8” snaps or buttons (Six for View A or four for View B)
- One separating zipper
- One large safety pin
- Two 1/2” metal eyelets for the drawstring casing opening (optional)
- Two cord stops/locks (optional)