Buttress Jeans Virtual Class (April 2023)Regular price $300.00
This class has ended. If you'd like to be notified of future Buttress Jeans Workshops, please add your name to the waitlist.
Learn how to sew our Buttress Jeans live online with Allie! This 6-part Zoom class will lead you through each step and will include helpful tips not outlined in the pattern instructions. Each class is two hours long for a total of twelve hours of class time. Each session is recorded so that students can watch back if desired. This class is intended for the intermediate sewist who is ready to level up to a more advanced project. Space is limited.
Class times are listed in Mountain Daylight Time (we're located in Colorado, USA). You can take this class from anywhere in the world, but please take into account the difference for your time zone.
- Thursday, March 30: 4:30-6:30 MDT
- Monday, April 3: 4:30-6:30 MDT
- Thursday, April 6: 4:30-6:30 MDT
- Monday, April 10: 4:30-6:30 MDT
- Thursday, April 13: 4:30-6:30 MDT
- Monday, April 17: 4:30-6:30 MDT
- Session 1: Baste fitting jeans with common fit adjustments. How to prepare for topstitching. Applying interfacing, finishing pattern pieces, and sewing belt loops.
- Session 2: Sewing back pockets, back yokes, and the back crotch curve.
- Session 3: Sewing the front slit pockets and yokes.
- Session 4: Sewing the fly zip.
- Session 5: Sewing inseams, outseams, and pants hem.
- Session 6: Sewing the waistband, buttonhole, and installing the jeans button.
- Buttress Jeans Sewing Pattern - offered in sizes 00-32
- Non-stretch bottom weight fabrics. Denim, canvas, twill, and corduroy are ideal. Fabrics weighing 10 to 12 ounces per square yard are recommended.
- One jeans zipper (length varies by size, see pattern instructions)
- One 11/16” (1.7 cm) jeans button
- One yard interfacing
- 1/4 yard (.2 m) cotton pocketing fabric
- Coordinating thread
- Contrast topstitching thread (optional)
- Sewing machine with a straight and zig zag stitch
- Iron & ironing board
- Fabric Scissors and/or rotary blade and cutting mat
- Sharp thread snips
- Ruler and/or seam gauge
- Flexible tape measure
- Fabric marking tool (chalk or washable marker)
- Point turner
- Jeans sewing machine needles
- Jeweler's Bench
If you reserve a spot for this class and are unable to attend you must notify us at email@example.com by March 14. We will refund your class, less a $50 service fee. Starting March 15, we are unable to offer any refunds, but you'll still have access to the class content that can be watched at any time in the future.